Flying is Pretty Cool

Flying is Pretty Cool
New venture...children's book

Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend Movie: Edge of Darkness

This movie is one of the few that doesn't give much away in the preview or ads you see, so there are lots of surprises that I enjoyed. There are several very sinister characters in the movie. Mel Gibson plays a good "desperate man" searching for the killer (think Law Abiding Citizen with Gerard Butler.) He's a Boston Detective so he has lots of friends in high places and lots of enemies that he has to consider. He REALLY doesn't seem to have anything to loose as he tramples over everyone and breaks more than a few rules.

Some great aspects to this movie:
1) touching flashbacks of his daughter in her youth.
2) BIG questions right from the get go to peak your interest.
3) twists.
4) it gives new meaning to "got milk"
All in all this was an enjoyable movie. Was Mel's accent perfect at all times? I'm not sure, but it sounded authentic to this Arizonan. :) Mel hasn't acted in a new movie for several years now, but he still knows how to stay in character. I thought he did a great job in his comeback film.


I'll give it 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. We just watched Liam Neeson in "Taken" last night -- loved it. Of course he's superman-fighter, and there wasn't anything unexpected, but I like him so I liked the film.

    After that I watched "The Piano" with Adrian Brody. Wow. That movie has stuck with me all day today.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw "The Piano" in the movies when it came out and I also enjoyed it. That was a very well written story as I recall.

    ReplyDelete