Flying is Pretty Cool

Flying is Pretty Cool
New venture...children's book

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Movie frenzy-"The Hurt Locker"

The Golden Globes are tomorrow and I was seriously contemplating going to a matinee or two today to catch up on some of the nominees I've missed. I talked myself out of the anxiety and almost convinced myself that it's okay if I haven't seen them ALL! I know your laughing, but this has been a annual thing with me to see all the movies before the Oscar awards and with the Golden Globe being similar I was feeling the pressure today.

Fortunately, I did watch a nominated movie last night called "The Hurt Locker." This is a good movie that depicts the life of a soldier on the EOD squad. These brave (somewhat adrenaline junkies) look for and disarm roadside bombs or IED's which evidently account for 50% of the loss of life in Iraq. The movie will have you tense as a tight wire. Each scene is anew with another touchy bomb. It doesn't take long to see why a soldier would be trigger happy or hyper-sensitive to everything and everyone around them. The actors each do a great job a defining their role and personalities. Bravo to the director: Katherine Bigelow, also up for a GG. Watch this one and you will see why it has received numerous award nominations.

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen Kevin Bacon in "Taking Chance"? There's a facebook site dedicated to the movie... I'm gonna have to see it!

    ReplyDelete