Flying is Pretty Cool

Flying is Pretty Cool
New venture...children's book

Friday, January 8, 2010

To or not to.....resolutions, intentions, goals.

I'll admit I don't care for the word resolution, to me it sounds too concrete. If I don't accomplish a "resolution" I'm surely a failure. My husband threw at me "intentions." I'm not sure that sounds concrete enough. Coming from years in big corporate America I prefer goals. This I can comfortably write down (very important for accountability) and say it is my goal to do this or that better or to start doing something and yes I start my goals in January and the goal is to accomplish it within the next 12 months or to start immediately and carry through the next 12 months and beyond.

I shake my head at how each year I seem to have the same "goals" listed. I hope this is the same with others and that I'm not alone in my quest to actually reach the goal and maintain it.

First, in all fairness I have to look over last years goals and see how I did....fair, not great.

Secondly, I compare my new list to last years and again shake my head.
I still have the whole "reduce debt" listed, write more and now I've added time management, Ugh. That is just another way of saying, do what I initially intended to do more and spend less time reading e-mails and vegging in front of the TV, which takes up far too many hours!

This year I have pared down the list and I like the way that looks.
1) Time management
a. Unsubscribe to the gazillion e-mails I get from retailers.
b. Put one hour aside a day for writing.

2) Reduce debt
a. This may require cutting up credit card.....will advise.

Please feel free to share how you handle the New Year intentions, goals or resolutions.
Happy New Year to all!

1 comment: