Flying is Pretty Cool

Flying is Pretty Cool
New venture...children's book

Monday, October 26, 2009

Random notes to self & others

Note to self: don't ever eat beet greens again, unless you have a need to clean the pipes.
Note to others: if I've just met you within the last 60 seconds and you have to ask my age twice....take the hint! I don't want to have to answer you so asking me "do I mind" doesn't really allow you the right to ask a question we're "not suppose to ask." Didn't you learn this when you were like, 5!

Note to other cooks: made the most amazing salad from Food & Wine; look for Roasted Beets & Carrots with Arugula and oranges. This is definitely going on the Thanksgiving Menu. Big hit even for those that turn their nose up at beets. It looks too pretty to not want to try! Hint: throw away the beet greens.....refer to 1st note.

Note to other book readers: Currently speeding through Have a Little Faith by Mitch Ablom. Love it and have to quote him: "Faith is about doing. you are how you act, not just how you believe." I know just another way of saying actions are louder than words, but better!

No comments:

Post a Comment